The Hospitality Services program is designed to
provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and
technical ability appropriate for employment in a wide variety of positions in the hospitality industry. This program includes supervised internships with work-related experiences to simulate realistic problems and opportunities. Students may seek careers in the field of hotel and restaurant management, tourism, or guest services. Students are prepared for entry-level positions in the hospitality industry as well as enhancing the skills of individuals currently employed in lodging, gaming, entertainment venues, and restaurants.
We offer three levels of completion in the Hospitality Services program:
- Certificate of Proficiency – Hospitality Skills
- Technical Certificate – Hospitality Services
- Associate of Applied Science Degree – General Technology
Student Learning Outcomes:
Successful completers of this program will be able to:
- demonstrate safety and sanitation in the food and lodging industry by identifying, maintaining, and safely utilizing commercial tools and equipment
- outline the skills and behaviors required during customer involvement to analyze, judge and act in ways that contribute to customer satisfaction.
- demonstrate knowledge of operations relative to the provisions of goods and services in the hospitality, foodservice, and hotel management industries.
- compile effective written and interpersonal communication skills to justify knowledge of fundamental supervisory responsibilities.
- identify hospitality as the act of generously providing care to those in need and relating understanding through community service.
Graduation Requirements (Suggested Schedule)
|Course Title||Credit Hours|
|HOSP||1023||Safety and Sanitation||3|
|HOSP||1033||Hospitality Customer Service Relations||3|
|HOSP||1013||Hospitality, Travel & Tourism||3|
|COM||1203||Tech Communications OR Higher-level composition course||3|
|CFA||1103||Tech Computer Fundamentals OR Higher-level computer course||3|
|EXIT: Certificate of Proficiency - Hospitality Skills||18|
|HOSP||1103||Culinary Preparation and Presentation||3|
|HOSP||1063||Principles of Lodging Operation||3|
|HOSP||1113||Principles of Baking||3|
|MAT||1203||Technical Mathematics OR Higher-level mathematics course||3|
|Summer I Term|
|HOSP||1082||Internship in Hospitality Services||2|
|EXIT: Technical Certificate – Hospitality Services||37|