Student ambassadors serve as the first impression and peer mentor team for the UAM Undergraduate Office of Admissions. Together, they embody the energy, enthusiasm, spirit, success, and excitement of the campus. The team is comprised of a diverse group of students representing gender, ethnicity, culture, class, and degree path.
A student ambassador serves in a variety of ways including giving campus tours, assisting with recruitment events, participating in campus events, and serving the community! Elite candidates for the program are those who exhibit leadership, communication, time management, responsibility, and ownership. The time commitment to this organization is SUBSTANTIAL and is detailed below.
- 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student
- Must be in their second semester at time of interview
Time Commitments for a year:
- Attend a two-day training
- Serve 16 clock hours in the Office of Admissions per semester
- Assist in campus, recruitment events
- Attend one meeting per month
- Assist with special projects as needed
Meet the team
Want to know a little bit more about our current ambassadors? The table below will show you their involvement across the UAM campus and community. Additionally, you can see the diversity represented in majors and hometowns. For additional information about the program please contact the Program Advisor, Mary Whiting at firstname.lastname@example.org