Always check the Educational Testing Services (ETS) website for the most current information on required Praxis exams. For specific Arkansas Praxis testing requirements and minimum scores, click on the following URL, http://www.ets.org/praxis/ar/requirements.
- Includes Praxis exams in reading, writing, and mathematics
- Submit passing scores by the end of the first six hours of graduate study. (NOTE: GRE scores may substitute for Praxis Core.)
- You will not be permitted to register for additional semesters without submitting passing Praxis Core scores.
Praxis II content exam(s)
- Depending on your intended area of licensure, this requirement may include multiple exams
- Submit passing scores prior to applying for prior to internship.
- Always check the Arkansas requirements in the Praxis website for the most up to date test information
Praxis II pedagogy exam
- MAT teacher candidates must take the Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) for your grade level unless you are going to teach a foreign language.
- Take the pedagogy or PLT exam no later than preferably January to graduate in May.
- Use the Praxis "Test At A Glance" tool for each required test or use the Praxis preparation materials
- Read the Praxis website for strategy and tips for test takers and for information on how to develop a study plan
The Praxis website also offers test preparation webinars.