The University of Arkansas at Monticello will be recognized as a model, open access regional institution with retention and graduation rates that meet or exceed its peer institutions.
Through these efforts, UAM will develop key relationships and partnerships that contribute to the economic and quality of life indicators in the community, region, state, and beyond.
The University of Arkansas at Monticello is a society of learners committed to individual achievement by:
- Fostering a quality, comprehensive, and seamless education for diverse student learners to succeed in a global environment;
- Serving the communities of Arkansas and beyond to improve the quality of life as well as generate, enrich, and sustain economic development;
- Promoting innovative leadership, scholarship and research which will provide for entrepreneurial endeavors and service learning opportunities;
- Creating a synergistic culture of safety, collegiality and productivity which engages a diverse community of learners.
UAM Core Values
- Ethic of Care: We care for those in our UAM community from a holistic perspective by supporting them in times of need and engaging them in ways that inspire and mentor.
- Professionalism: We promote personal integrity, a culture of servant leadership responsive to individuals’ needs as well as responsible stewardship of resources.
- Collaboration: We foster a collegial culture that encourages open communication, cooperation, leadership and teamwork, as well as shared responsibility.
- Evidence-based Decision Making: We improve practices and foster innovation through assessment, research, and evaluation for continuous improvement.
- Diversity: We embrace difference by cultivating inclusiveness and respect of both people and points of view, and by promoting not only tolerance and acceptance, but support and advocacy.