UAM New Student Orientation
WELCOME BOLL WEEVIL
We are excited that you have chosen to become part of the Boll Weevil family! The goal of New Student Orientation is to help you during this exciting transition to UAM.
New Student Orientation is designed to help all incoming first-time freshman students and new transfer students complete necessary tasks and receive important information about life at UAM. The university is required to provide you with the information, resources, tips and tools you need to make a successful transition to college at UAM.
Get ready as we focus on YOU! Your campus family comes together to make JANUARY 8 and your entire first week an exciting time!
BECOME A SUCCESSFUL BOLL WEEVIL
As you complete your New Student Orientation experience, we encourage you to complete the following steps to ensure your successful start at UAM:
Now it's time to prepare for the start of the school year! Classes start on Wednesday, January 10. The following items are encouraged for all students to complete based on New Student Orientation.
- If you have questions regarding your class schedule or wish to change your major, contact your academic advisor or the dean of your academic program for assistance.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Learn more about disclosing or restricting the release of your information at Registrar: FERPA Release/Restrict.
- Review the Traffic and Parking Regulations for information about your parking options and how to get a parking permit. Please note, residents, commuters, and faculty and staff have designated parking lots.
- Success starts when you are ready for classes! Explore the UAM Bookstore on campus or online to learn about your courses' recommended course materials, including hardware, software and UAM gear!
- Stay connected to UAMSports. UAM students have free entry to every home game. Get involved and support your favorite UAM sport!
- Get plugged into UAM Weevil Welcome Week events! Student Programs & Activities has prepared a week of excitement while you transition into your new academic career.
- Confirm you are planning to stay enrolled at UAM by finalizing your bill. You have until the 10th day of classes each term to confirm your decision to stay enrolled in classes, adjust your meal plan and housing decision and confirm Financial Aid information at UAM. More information about your UAM account and finalizing your bill can be found at Cashiers.
- Validad your Student I.D. card after finalizing your bill by visiting Residence Life in the Student Success Center, Suite 204. A valid I.D. card allows you access to university dining services based on the housing meal plan and declining balance you have applied for. To learn more about a housing meal plan, declining balance, your Student I.D. card, and applying for housing, be sure to visit Housing & Residence Life.
- Learn about other ways to stay involved on campus through UAM Intramurals and Recreation and staying fit at the Randy S. Risher Wellness Center!
- It is also important to know who you can connect with on campus, such as your UAM Ambassadors, Student Government Association and Student Activities Board representatives!