Lactation Room Guidelines
UAM Student Health Services provides a Lactation Room to support nursing mothers returning to work, school, or campus. The room offers a clean, secure, and private space for women who need to express breast milk during their time on campus.
Location: Randy S Risher Wellness Center
Hours of Operation: M-Th 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., F 8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Lactation Room Use Guidelines
1. There is no fee for the use of the Lactation Room.
2. A user must present her validated UAM ID to check in at the Wellness Center. She will then be allowed access to the Lactation Room.
3. Users may access the Lactation Room only for the purposes of expressing and collecting breast milk.
4. Users must keep the door to the Lactation Room locked when in use.
5. It is the responsibility of the user to maintain a clean room, ready for the next student or employee. The Lactation Room will be inspected after each use by a Wellness Center Staff Member.
6. No appointments will be scheduled. It will operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
7. A user must bring her own pump to and from the Wellness Center. No pumps will be stored on site.
8. Wellness Center staff is not responsible for personal items left in the Lactation Room.