Hospitality and Tourism is the fastest growing industry in the world. Your path could be one of the following: Tourism, Travel, Restaurants, Lodging, Club Management, Gaming, Amusement and Theme Parks and the list goes on and on and on…
We have three options in the Hospitality Service Program:
- Hospitality Services Certificate of Proficiency, listed below
- Hospitality Services Technical Certificate, courses listed below
- Associate of Applied Science in General Technology
Student Learning Outcomes
Teach/Learn practical skills and knowledge necessary for the effective operation of Hospitality Industry. The overall student learning outcomes for this program are upon completion of this program, the students will be able to:
- Identify hospitality as the act of generously providing care to those in need, and relating understanding through community service.
- Demonstrate safety and sanitation in the food and lodging industry by identifying, maintaining and safely utilizing commercial tools and equipment.
- Outline the skills and behaviors required during customer involvement to analyze, judge and act in ways that contribute to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operations relative to the provisions of goods and services in the hospitality foodservice and hotel management industries.
- Compile effective written and interpersonal communication skills to justify knowledge of fundamental supervisory responsibilities.
Major Requirements: 37 hours - Total
|Course Title||Credit Hours|
|HOSP||1023||Safety and Sanitation||3|
|HOSP||1033||Hospitality Customer Service Relations||3|
|HOSP||1013||Hospitality, Travel and Tourism||3|
|BUS||2003||Tech Business English OR Higher-level composition course||3|
|CFA||1103||Tech Computer Fundamentals OR Higher-level computer course||3|
|EXIT: Certificate of Proficiency - Hospitality Skills||18|
|HOSP||1103||Culinary Preparation and Presentation||3|
|HOSP||1063||Principles of Lodging Operation||3|
|HOSP||1113||Principles of Baking||3|
|MAT||1203||Technical Mathematics OR Higher-level mathematics course||3|
|Summer I Term|
|HOSP||1082||Internship in Hospitality Services||2|
|COM||1102||Employability Skills/Work Ethics||2|
|EXIT: Technical Certificate – Hospitality Services||37|
Click here to print a Technical Certificate Program of Study