To be considered for the Practical Nursing program, applicants must take the ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, or SAT exam. Applicants will be ranked for program acceptance based upon academic and other specific criteria. The top applicants, not to exceed the Arkansas State Board maximums for instructor-student ratio, will be accepted into the Practical Nursing program provided all of the following conditions are met:
- Submit an admission application to UAM CTC and meet all admission requirements.
- Submit an application to the Practical Nursing program at UAM CTC.
- Declare PN Track (AASN or Technical).
- Successfully complete all prerequisites with a grade of “C” or higher. With the exception of mathematics, English, and computer courses, all Practical Nursing program perquisites must have been completed within the past five (5) years.
- Have an ASSET, ACT, COMPASS, or SAT test that meets the minimum requirements specified in the chart below:
|Test||Reading||Writing or English||Math|
- Attend a scheduled nursing career orientation, a PN program orientation
And a personal conference with the UAM CTC Practical Nursing program Committee
- Complete a Student Acknowledgement Statement Form
- Complete individual learning assessment(s) and scheduled study skills sessions at UAM CTC
Provide evidence of the following:
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella (two doses each).
- A current TB skin test (and a chest x-ray if TB skin test is positive)
- A signed Hepatitis B acknowledgement waiver or evidence of the first of three shots
Applicants eligible for consideration should schedule a placement exam. The exam can be taken a maximum of two (2) times within the time frame published each year. The PN placement exam must be taken on either the UAM CTC campus or the UAM CTM campus. Entrance exam requirements must be met to be eligible to take a placement exam.
NOTE: If candidates do not meet stated conditions/requirements, other candidates—designated as alternates—will be enrolled provided they have met all enrollment conditions/requirements. Alternates accepted will not exceed the enrollment maximum.
Practical Nursing students may choose to continue their studies and earn an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing or an Associate of Applied Science in General Technology degree.