Computer Maintenance and Networking
The Computer Maintenance/Networking (CMN) program prepares individuals for entering occupations in the Information Technology (IT) field that involve troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of personal computers (PCs) and small business networks. Skills are developed by hands-on practice in computer assembly, computer upgrades and configurations and computer networks. Networking classes provide opportunities for students to design, build, and maintain computer networks. Successful completion of the Cisco Networking Academy classes (CCENT I & CCENT II) will help prepare students to take the Cisco CCENT exam, which is the first step toward a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification. The CMN Program will also help prepare students for other industry standard certifications, such as CompTIA’s A+ and Security+ certifications.
We offer three levels of certification in the Computer Maintenance/Network program:
- Certificate of Proficiency – Computer Repair & Networking
- Technical Certificate – Computer Maintenance/Networking
- Associate of Applied Science Degree – General Technology
Student Learning Outcomes:
Successful completers of this program will be able to:
- install, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware.
- set up, maintain, and troubleshoot secure networks.
- Install and maintain physical cabling infrastructure of a network.
- set up, install, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft-based desktop and server operating systems.
- apply knowledge, skills, and abilities to obtain the Cisco Certified Entry-level Network Technician certification.
- apply knowledge, skills, and abilities to obtain the CompTIA A+ certification.
- apply knowledge, skills, and abilities to obtain the CompTIA Servers+ certification
Graduation Requirements (Suggested Schedule)
|Course Title||Credit Hours|
|MAT||2214||Advanced Industrial Mathematics||4|
|CMP||1063||Tech Operating Systems||3|
|CMP||2404||Tech IT Essentials PC Hardware and Software||4|
|CFA||1103||Tech Computer Fundamentals (or higher-level computer course)||3|
|CMP||2074||Tech Cisco CENT I OR CMP 1034 Tech Networking I||4|
|EXIT: Certificate of Proficiency - Computer Repair and Networking||18|
|CMP||1012||Tech Network Servers||2|
|CMP||1053||Tech Network Security||3|
|CMP||2084||Tech Cisco CENT II OR CMP 1044 Tech Networking II||4|
|CMP||2604||Tech IT Essentials II: Network Operating Systems||3|
|COM||1203||Technical Communications (or higher level composition course)||3|
|Summer I Term|
|CMP||1502||Tech Fundamentals of Voice and Data Cabling||2|
|CMP||1092||Tech Project Management||2|
|EXIT: Technical Certificate - Computer Maintenance/Networking||40|