Administrative Office Technology
The Administrative Office Technology program provides contemporary training required in today’s business office in computer applications, word processing, accounting, administrative support procedures, and communication. Students receive computer training in the utilization of Windows, database management, spreadsheet applications, desktop publishing, and word processing. English, communication and mathematics courses developed specifically for business are also integral parts of the program. Upon completion of the necessary courses, students will be eligible to enroll in a required practicum course which will allow them to apply their acquired skills in a business environment.
We offer three levels of certification in the Administrative Office Technology
- Certificate of Proficiency – Office Support
- Technical Certificate – Administrative Office Technology
- Associate of Applied Science Degree – General Technology
Student Learning Outcomes:
Successful completers of this program will be able to:
- demonstrate abilities to produce appropriate business documents such as letters, forms, tables, graphs, financial documents, and other materials inherent in office technology using appropriate software.
- demonstrate the ability to rapidly and appropriately respond to multiple requests within a contemporary office environment.
- demonstrate the integration of theory, lab, and field content necessary to obtain employment in entry-level business offices.
Graduation Requirements (Suggested Schedule)
|Course Title||Credit Hours|
|BUS||2143||Tech Business Mathematics||3|
|BUS||2003||Tech Business English||3|
|BUS||1303||Tech Computer Applications for Business||3|
|EXIT: Certificate of Proficiency - Office Support||15|
|BUS||1213||Tech Keyboarding Applications||3|
|BUS||1563||Tech Administrative Support Procedures||3|
|BUS||2013||Tech Business Communications||3|
|BUS||2153||Tech Computerized Accounting||3|
|BUS||1603||Tech Vocabulary Development||3|
|Summer I Term|
|BUS||2163||Tech Spreadsheet Applications||3|
|BUS||2623||Tech Business Practicum||3|
|EXIT: Technical Certificate - Administrative Office Technology||36|