UAM'S School of Education Mission Statement
The University of Arkansas at Monticello School of Education is committed to the development of highly qualified candidates. The School of Education embraces the responsibility to prepare candidates to live and work in a rapidly changing, diverse world. Candidates are challenged to achieve the highest level of proficiencies defined in the UAM School of Education’s Conceptual Framework and as modeled by the UAM School of Education Faculty. The Conceptual Framework is comprised of five strands: knowledge, pedagogy, diversity, professionalism and technology. The candidates’ understanding of the Conceptual Framework is progressively developed as they transition through the various professional education programs. The UAM School of Education is dedicated to developing highly qualified professional educators through a partnership with the Southeast Educational Cooperative, area public schools, the university community, and supportive agencies in Arkansas’s high-need geographical areas.
Read the full Conceptual Framework of the UAM School of Education.
About the School of Education
The UAM School of Education offers teacher licensure undergraduate programs of study in K-6 Elementary Education, Middle Level Childhood Education, and K-12 Physical Education. Our exclusively online graduate programs include the Master of Education, the Master of Education in Educational Leadership for building level administration, the Master of Arts in Teaching degree and the Master of Physical Education.
The UAM School of Education programs also includes an endorsement that provide additional coursework for teachers who want to add K-12 Special Education.
UAM School of Education Facts and Statistics
- Our school is nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- We have nationally recognized degree/endorsement programs of study and four state-recognized degree/endorsement programs.
- UAM Alumni Scholarships have been awarded to one or more of our students for the past four years.
- Our school had a graduate win the Arkansas Teacher of the Year award and another graduate win the Arkansas Superintendent of the Year honor.
- We have produced 284 licensed educators since 2009.
- The UAM STEM collaborated with the STEM Coalition of Arkansas to host a STEM awareness meeting in which business and schools were invited to attend.
- Our school created the first 100 percent online degrees on the UAM campus.
- Those who complete the School of Education programs have a 100 percent passing rate on Praxis exams.
Download more achievements, facts and data about the UAM School of Education, Points of Pride.