Welcome to UAM Choir Division
The mission of the Division of Music is to offer quality educational opportunities that provide students with the technical skills and the theoretical and historical knowledge necessary for professional competence in their chosen areas of specialization, and
- To prepare students at the baccalaureate level for successful careers in teaching and other musical occupations,
- To prepare students in music for successful graduate study,
- To provide students opportunities for cultural and aesthetic experiences through active participation in music,
- To offer general education course work for all students of the University,
- To provide cultural and aesthetic experiences for the University, the community, and southeast Arkansas through the presentation of recitals, concerts, music theater productions, master classes, workshops, and seminars.
The UAM Chamber Choir is taken from the membership of the Concert Choir. Members must not only be accepted into the Concert Choir but must also pass another audition for Chamber Choir participation. This ensemble of 18-24 singers performs literature conducive to a small group and performs the Madrigal Feaste, Bach cantatas, chansons, part songs, madrigals, and some of the more difficult chamber literature of the twentieth century. In addition to their scholarships for Concert Choir, Chamber Choir members enjoy extra financial aid for their talent and dedication.
Membership in this premier choir is by audition only. The Concert Choir performs a wide variety of choral and choral-orchestral literature ranging from the Renaissance era through the present. Singers who are asked to participate in this choir are both music and non-music majors and enjoy recognition as members of one of the finest choirs in the state. Generous scholarships are available for students possessing exceptional talents. The Concert Choir performs concerts on and off campus and tours every other Spring semester.
A non-auditioned choir, the University Chorus is open to both students and community members. This group performs with the Concert Choir in two choral-orchestral concerts each year. Students may enroll for one hour of credit; community members need not enroll.
We want to be responsive to your questions or issues. You can use the email link at the left, or contact us through the following methods:
Department of Instrumental Music
University of Arkansas at Monticello
Monticello, AR 71656
Contact by email: