Various support services are provided for qualifying students with disabilities free of charge to the student. However, as a recipient of services you are required to:
- Contact Student Special Services to request accommodations.
- Submit documentation of disability.
- Complete and sign authorization forms.
- Obtain identification card from office of Student Special Services, which includes approved accommodations.
If using a NOTE TAKER, you must:
- Attend all classes unless illness or an emergency prevents you from
- If you miss more than three class periods without making arrangements with Student Special Services your note-taker will be suspended.
- If you have problems with a note taker, notify Student Special Services immediately so that a new note taker can be located.
If using READERS/RECORDED TEXT:
- Provide Student Special Services with a list of classes you plan to take and/or a list of the required texts for these courses as early as possible in the preceding semester so that it can be determined if your textbooks are available in an alternative format.
- If a textbook is not available from Learning Ally, the UAM Bookstore or Student Special Services will provide additional information.
- Notify Student Special Services of any problem.
If using READERS/SCRIBES/PROCTORS for exams:
- Notify Student Special Services a minimum of seven (7) days in advance of the exam.
- Arrange with your instructor to leave the exam in the Student Special Services Office.
- Readers/Scribes/Proctors cannot re-phrase or explain test questions without prior written approval from the course instructor.
- Bring all items necessary for the exam (pen, pencil, scantron, blue book, calculator).