MONTICELLO, AR — Tailgate parties, reunions, a golf tournament, new alumni events and an exciting football game highlight a wide variety of events and activities at the University of Arkansas at Monticello as UAM celebrates 2018 Homecoming, October 15th – 20th.
The celebration begins on Monday, October 15th with the student organization on campus painting “Spirit Walls” in the courtyard area around the Clock Tower. And on Tuesday, October 16th, there will be a Campus Cook Out & Bon Fire sponsored by the Campus Ministries at 5:00 p.m. on the MBSF lawn.
The celebration continues Wednesday, October 17th with the UAM National Pan-Hellenic Council “Music on the Yard” at the University Center Plaza, 6:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Come out and enjoy our UAM NPHC Greek Organizations as they host a unified event for students to come and enjoy lively music on campus. The organizations will be there to showcase their moves, strolls, and struts while engaging the campus community and promoting diversity on campus.
Thursday, October 18th will be an exciting day starting with an Alumni Tea at the Trotter House from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy some very special food and beverages provided by hospitality and tourism department. Tickets are $15 each. The Trotter House is located at 404 North Main in Monticello.
The UAM Sports Hall of Fame induction banquet will be held October 18th at 6:00 p.m. in the University Center Green Room. Please join us as we celebrate five former, esteemed athletes as they are officially inducted into the UAM Sports Hall of Fame. Wess Moore, Sports Director on Fox 16 and 103.7 “The Buzz”, will serve as the Master of Ceremony for the event. Tickets are $35 per person. Proceeds benefit the UAM Sports Hall of Fame. For tickets, contact the Department of Athletics at (870) 460-1058.
Later that evening, alumni and friends are invited to join students at Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium for bed races and a pep rally beginning at 8 p.m.
On Friday, October 19th, join us for the UAM Alumni and Friends Golf Tournament at the Monticello Country Club, sponsored by the UAM Sports Association. This event is free to all alumni. The tournament begins at 1:00 p.m., followed by a reception at 6:00 p.m. For details, please call Paul Griffin at (870) 723-4030.
A Homecoming Celebration for Alumni and Friends, including an informal dinner and introduction of the 2018 Alumni Award for Achievement and Merit recipients and Continuing the Connection Awards is scheduled for Friday, October 19th at 6:00 p.m. at The Ridge, 238 Wilson Mill Rd, Monticello. For more information, please call the UAM Alumni Affairs office at (870) 460-1028.
A full slate of activities is scheduled for Saturday, October 20, including:
• A&M/UAM African-American Alumni Reunion Breakfast, 8:30 a.m., Capitol Room of the University Center. Alumni and friends are invited to attend this traditional celebration to reminisce with A&M/UAM African-American alumni. Tickets are $20 per person. Contact Classie Jones-Green at (870) 556-0527.;
• Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority Reunion Breakfast, 10:00 a.m., University Center Gallery Room. There will be a silent auction to raise money for Special Olympics. Contact MacKienze Johnson, Alpha Sig representative at (318)331-2738;
• Homecoming Queens Reunion Brunch, 10:00 a.m., University Center Green Room. Please contact Lisa Jo Ross at (870) 460-1028 for details;
• UAM Softball Alumni Game, 10:00 a.m., UAM Softball Field. For details, please call the UAM Athletic Department at (870) 460-1058;
• Weevil Tailgate Parties, 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Tailgate Row adjacent to Weevil Pond.
All A&M/UAM alumni and friends are invited to participate in pre-game tailgating.
Reunions Scheduled: 1988 & 1993 Football Teams, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority, Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity;
• Weevil Walk of Champions and Homecoming Parade, 12:30 p.m., Tailgate Row;
• Pre-game Ceremony, including introduction of 2018 Homecoming Court and coronation of Queen, 2:30 p.m., Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium;
• Kickoff of Homecoming football game, 3:00 p.m., UAM vs. Oklahoma Baptist.
• Halftime softball field dedication in memory of Coach Alvy Early, Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium.
For more information about any events during homecoming week, contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at (870) 460-1028 or visit http://www.uamont.edu/pages/alumni/homecoming/ for more details.